A Weak Storm Is Over Eastern Kansas

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

Good morning bloggers,

There is a weak storm over southeast Kansas this morning.   It was well defined on this radar image at 7 AM, and tracking north-northeast.  A few thunderstorms formed just north of KC early this morning as we can see here:

This disturbance is moving very slowly and it will be around for the next 24 hours in our region.  New thunderstorms will likely form around and near this circulation today and tonight into early Thursday. This should leave Thursday evening mostly dry for the Independence Day celebrations.

I never finished the blog!!!  OH MY!

Have a great day!

Gary

Share this post with your friends

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

25
Leave a Reply

avatar
13 Comment threads
12 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
16 Comment authors
NoBeachHereKS JonesSnow Miserf00dl3Mr. Pete Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
NoBeachHere
Guest
NoBeachHere

Looks like rain, see if it holds together

KS Jones
Guest
KS Jones

A few days ago the Euro’s 10-day accumulated rainfall forecast showed 7.2” of rain would fall on the Nebraska-South Dakota border, but they revised that prediction a day later and showed only 3.2” would fall there.
If the NWS’s estimated rainfall that has fallen since yesterday evening is correct (and they are way off many times), the Euro should have stuck to their earlier prediction.
https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar_lite.php?rid=lnx&product=NTP&loop=yes

f00dl3
Guest
f00dl3

Gary has 60% chance of rain tonight but NAM doesn’t show a drop?

Snow Miser
Guest
Snow Miser

I think neither Gary, nor any other local met, nor any model, has any idea whatsoever if we’re going to get any rain in the next few days. It’s just random little blobs scattered here and there.

LenexaGirl
Guest
LenexaGirl

its really not going to rain that much then youll probably say based on what then downvote me

f00dl3
Guest
f00dl3

Gary had chances of rain every day this week and for the immediate KC metro area besides a few passing storms this morning, the NAM 3KM suggests we are dry through Friday night.

Heat Miser
Guest
Heat Miser

all the local mets have been hemming and hawing about rain chances the last few days…lets be honest…they really have no idea when or where or if

Hockeynut69
Guest
Hockeynut69

Just had about 15-20 minute rain. Received about a tenth of an inch. Kearney looked like it had considerably more. Nice little drink for the lawn. Still have plenty of cloud cover in the area. Doesn’t feel too bad out right now. Could be steamy later.

Mr. Pete
Guest
Mr. Pete

That disturbance looks to be falling apart.

REAL HUMEDUDE
Guest
REAL HUMEDUDE

Umm…..have you seen the radar lately?
That disturbance is expanding in coverage and intensity. Of course it is, I have 40 acres of hay down 😣. NWS giving us a measly 30% , even when it’s obviously going to rain
One of those 30% chances that should be a 70%, at least in southern viewing area.

Jason Rann
Guest
Jason Rann

It will end up southeast of the metro, no way it makes it.

REAL HUMEDUDE
Guest
REAL HUMEDUDE

You nailed it!
Def exploded in Southern/Eastern MO

Mr. Pete
Guest
Mr. Pete

As I predicted. It fell apart and nothing happened.

SnowGoPewPew
Guest
SnowGoPewPew

Yes! Please rain on the 4th…wait don’t so people can get their inner pyro out instead of doing that for the next 5 nights.

Johnny
Guest
Johnny

Just getting in the thread before all the down votes come in..

Johnny
Guest
Johnny

😘

Hockeynut69
Guest
Hockeynut69

So far the rain has missed just about 4-5 miles north of me. The breeze feels nice as I am outside watering the plants. I can hear the thunder from those storms. So close, but yet so far. We’ll see how the rest of the day shapes up. Going to put down the grub control. Haven’t seen any Japanese beetles yet in my area but I know they are coming. Have a great day everyone!

CKR 74
Guest
CKR 74

Why do you call every weather system a “STORM”? Here’s a definition, a violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow.

Zachary
Guest
Zachary

First. And again love ya Gary. Very blessed to have u as our weatherman. I know u can’t answer anything about the new lrc that will set up in October but just wanted to say I am an avid snow lover and would love to see another exciting winter season

NoBeachHere
Guest
NoBeachHere

Is this remnants?

Please rain