A Video Blog Today

/A Video Blog Today

A Video Blog Today

Good afternoon bloggers,

The weather pattern seemed to just get a bit more exciting today.  The past few days, the models have been really not energizing these weak storm systems at all, and there was a trend on all models for the systems to be a bit stronger.  There are four systems showing up on most of the models, beginning with tomorrow mornings fast moving system.  The next two weeks are still a strongly developmental period of the LRC, so it is just as important as the past four weeks.  I will not make any conclusions yet, and a lot of things are being analyzed as we prepare for our winter forecast.

Here is today’s Video Blog:

2018-11-02T06:28:57+00:00November 1st, 2018|General|9 Comments

1. Kathy November 1, 2018 at 2:05 pm - Reply

Very informative video blog. Keep these coming…I always enjoyed them. Also, do you have a new dog or is that just a playmate?

• Gary November 1, 2018 at 2:36 pm - Reply

That is just a playmate. If I get a new dog, I am sure we will all know, LOL.

2. Elaine Watson November 1, 2018 at 2:21 pm - Reply

I can’t wait for the winter forecast with the new LRC. IT JUST HAS TO BE MORE EXCITING!

3. Anonymous November 1, 2018 at 3:44 pm - Reply

Wow, if this cycle repeats all winter, we have the potential to have an exciting winter and spring!!

4. Mike November 1, 2018 at 7:11 pm - Reply

Gary, I really enjoy your video blogs as well. I tend to have a deeper understanding of the weather compared to the written version.

I did notice in your weather models last night at 10:00pm what appeared to be a large dome or ridge in the Pacific Ocean off California. Did I see that correctly? If so is this why storms are not forming and diving into the SW Four Corners. I may be way off base.

5. Snow Miser November 1, 2018 at 10:03 pm - Reply

I don’t want any snow on the 9th or the 14th, will be traveling to and from NYC!

• Mike (OP) November 1, 2018 at 10:14 pm - Reply

It is the new gfs model. Keep in mind it is 7 days out. But fun to watch the runs.