Another Nearly Perfect Day In KC

/Another Nearly Perfect Day In KC

Another Nearly Perfect Day In KC

Good morning bloggers,

The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Denver Broncos yesterday on a great Sunday afternoon. The weather this past weekend was about as perfect as is possible at this time of the year.  It was 72 degrees Saturday and 66 degrees Sunday at KCI Airport.  And, today, will be just as nice with a forecast high of 72°.  I just took Sunny The Weather Dog out for a walk and it was calm and a bit cool.  Yesterday, I took a walk with Sunny at Loose Park and found this incredible tree and Sunny posed for this picture:

4

So, what is going on with this weather pattern?  It is still evolving and making conclusions now on what will happen this winter are way too early.  Just look at what happened since this weather pattern began earlier this month:

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.36.20 AM

It has been a wet month of October, anyway you look at it. Over ten inches of rain, and some spots had over 15 inches of rain from that wet system just as the new LRC was setting up.  So, hang on as we learn a lot more in the next few weeks.

How about those KC Chiefs. And, it is Baker Mayfield vs. Patrick Mahomes week. Did you know that Patrick Mahomes set the NCAA record for most yards by an individual player two years ago when Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma 66-59?  Baker Mayfield through for seven touchdowns in that game, and Patrick Mahomes combined running and passing yards totaled 819 yards. WOW! He through for 734 yards, which actually fell short of the NCAA record by 2 yards.  It was incredible:  Mahomes vs. Mayfield record day

Have a great day!

Gary

2018-10-30T07:52:20+00:00October 29th, 2018|General|24 Comments

24 Comments

  1. Snow Miser October 29, 2018 at 8:24 am - Reply

    I took some photos of pretty trees yesterday, and concluded that the colors that come out in a photo do not do justice to the colors I see with my eyes.

  2. Steve October 29, 2018 at 8:33 am - Reply

    Bulk of moisture is going south the next day or two. Hope this is not an en-site of what’s to come down the road!

  3. Mr. Pete October 29, 2018 at 8:38 am - Reply

    The leaves are really starting to come down. I love the fall colors but don’t look forward to all the raking!

  4. Kathy October 29, 2018 at 11:01 am - Reply

    Can anyone tell me why the colors on the trees this year are gorgeous? I haven’t seen them look so beautiful in years. I don’t know much about plants vs. weather, but if anyone has an explanation, I’d love to know. Gary, you definitely have a much better camera than me…I can’t capture their beauty like you did.

    • Numb3rsGuy October 29, 2018 at 12:11 pm - Reply

      Kathy,

      The colors in autumn leaves tend to be brighter and more vibrant when the weather is wetter and cooler than normal. My guess is that the enormous amount of rain we got earlier this month and the below normal temperatures the last few weeks have made the trees that much more spectacular this year!

      • Kathy October 29, 2018 at 1:40 pm - Reply

        Awesome…thanks Numb3rsGuy. A lot of my friends have been asking, so I’m going to pass this information along. We were in the UP of Michigan earlier this month, and the weather had been very wet and cool up there as well. Correspondingly, the colors were also magnificent, so that makes perfect sense.

  5. f00dl3 October 29, 2018 at 11:16 am - Reply

    If this Tuesday storm is part of the new LRC but just ripped up because of the influences rather small the old LRC has, would it not be a shock if the next cycle through this storm ended up being a decent snow storm for us?

  6. Lisa Lu October 29, 2018 at 11:17 am - Reply

    Beautiful fall weather – loving it! I was reading about the leaves changing color and it has to do with the amount (or lack) of chrolophyll in the leaves. The leaf color we see in the fall is actually the tree’s natural leaf color and in the spring/summer the amount of chrolophyll is at it’s greatest, which is what turns the leafs green. The cooler it is, the less chrolophyll. Who knew – fun fact. It does seem like it’s been much cooler this fall than last the last few falls? The leaves are certainly gorgeous. Of course ALL the leaves on my front tree fell within 48 hours!

  7. BSMike October 29, 2018 at 1:58 pm - Reply

    Wow what a boring span of weather the last 2 1/2 – 3 weeks have been. Kinda concerned for the winter now, anyone else?

    • MikeL October 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm - Reply

      Yep, I am.

    • Heat Miser October 29, 2018 at 4:14 pm - Reply

      Nope…Oct has been spectacular rain-wise and cold front-wise

  8. Tony October 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm - Reply

    The writing on the wall looks bad as of now.

  9. Stl78(winon,mn) October 29, 2018 at 2:38 pm - Reply

    I think u guys will finally have a normal winter. I would guess slightly above avg for snowfall

  10. Matt October 29, 2018 at 2:56 pm - Reply

    So there are thunderstorms in the forecast tomorrow. Will they be further south or is this looking rather widespread?

    As for the leaves they really are amazing. The reds being most impressive up here in leavenworth county. The gold leaves are really cool as well.

    • Gary October 29, 2018 at 4:15 pm - Reply

      We are in the developing zone, so they may form near, just northwest, or just southeast of your area. A thunderstorm is possible. Any severe weather risk begins Wednesday over Texas and Louisiana.

  11. REAL HUMEDUDE October 29, 2018 at 3:21 pm - Reply

    Highly doubtful anybody in our viewing area gets a thunderstorm tomorrow, looking less likely we even get a shower at this point. Not coming together until it’s east and south of metro, even then it’s a few light showers at best

  12. Randy Keller October 29, 2018 at 3:33 pm - Reply

    winter 2018….poof

    • Heat Miser October 29, 2018 at 4:16 pm - Reply

      lol…not sure why you think that…Oct has been spectacular rain-wise and cold front-wise. You aren’t going to get rain every week…you have wet and dry periods

  13. BSMike October 29, 2018 at 4:03 pm - Reply

    STL how ya doing man? What are you basing your thoughts on brother? I hope your right, because it plain boring for most of October.

    • Heat Miser October 29, 2018 at 4:17 pm - Reply

      HuH? We just had a week of almost constant rain…and a couple wet periods before that? You can’t have rain every week…it doesn’t work that way…unless you live in Seattle mabye. LOL

  14. REAL HUMEDUDE October 29, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

    GFS gets very interesting once we get Into 2nd week of November. I wouldn’t say RIP Winter 2018, nor would I go Buy a snow plow. But GFS saying there is a BIG upper level low developing in central plains. Lots of potential outcomes, but I haven’t seen a storm wrap up and intensify like GFS showcasing for couple years at least.

  15. Nick October 29, 2018 at 7:39 pm - Reply

    Actually this past week we did have a storm form a decent comma head of rain over the area( it was light rain) but the track of the storm and the “shape” was good looking, its possible that if that system comes back in a stronger form later this cold season that could be a decent one, one thing that I am watching is that this weekend a clipper was forecast last week to dive down through our area, but then at the last minute it shifted east and dived across the great lakes( similar to one before it), later this week there is another diveing system that is forecast to dive over the area, and I wonder if it too will shift east, ( that is a part that I don’t like as it would signal a long term trough to our east in this part of the pattern, hopeing that it at least dives down like its forecast to , so it will give us some wind or a shower and be a sign that not all the northwest flow systems will be way off to our east. still just sitting and watching 😛

  16. Rodney October 30, 2018 at 4:29 pm - Reply

    We had a wet October & now it appears we will start the month of November wet & active which I feel is a good sign for what’s to come this winter. NWS in St Louis already has a 90% chance of rain tonight near my location just south of Columbia with 0.50” to 0.75” possible for most areas in central MO with up to an inch closer to I-44. Then Wednesday night a 40% chance of rain, 30% on Thursday, 40% chance on Friday. Then a 40% chance Saturday night & Sunday. Then after a brief break a 50-60% chance of rain Monday all the way through Tuesday. Then beyond the 7 day more wet weather late next week into opening weekend of deer season. All these rain events even if they all don’t drop heavy amounts of rain will likely cycle back through at a minimum dropping light to moderate precipitation amounts this winter. Even a 0.25” of rain could translate into an advisory type snow in later cycles this winter. I’m just excited to be talking about several chances of rain in the first two weeks of November which last year was dry. You put a wet October and a wet November together then I feel it will lead to an exciting winter with more snow and ice. Let’s see how all this plays out. Fingers crossed for lots of ❄️❄️❄️ this winter.

Leave A Comment