June Statistics

/June Statistics

June Statistics

Good afternoon bloggers,

I am back from vacation and analyzing this weeks weather. A cold front will slice through the area Thursday into Friday and there will be a few thunderstorms associated with this front.  As we have experienced, the chance of any wide spread rain is very low, and this leaves us once again with the chance of rain at under 40% at this time. Before we look into the end of the week, here are the June Statistics:

The streak under 100 degrees continues, as the high temperature at KCI Airport was once again just barely under 100, even though it did reach 102 degrees downtown.  It will heat up ahead of the next cold front, and it will most likely stay dry for the 4th of July.

A cold front will be moving our way by Wednesday night and Thursday:

At this time of the year, this would typically be a good timing and set up for a big rain event.  And, one may happen, but only in isolated spots. Most areas are more likely to get anywhere from a few drops to under one inch of rain.  Let’s see how it sets up later this week. Have a great day and thank you for spending a few minutes of your day reading the Action Weather Blog featuring Weather2020 and the LRC. Go over to the Weather2020 blog as we share in this weather experience.

2018-07-03T16:58:39+00:00July 2nd, 2018|General|28 Comments

1. Snow Miser July 2, 2018 at 2:36 pm - Reply

Looks like we didn’t really get the “close to average” prediction for precipitation for May and June.

2. Richard July 2, 2018 at 2:40 pm - Reply

All I can say about the blg writeup is wow

But on another note Gary the moving ads / related posts are still at it. Making page jump up and down. Very hard to type here, and to read the blog. It might not affect your computer thiat way, but for phones and tablets it is insanely annoying.

Now that you are back can you get the tech guy to fix it ??

• Richard July 2, 2018 at 2:46 pm - Reply

What I meant by wow, was the average temp for June. I thought it would have averaged out higher.

• Snow Miser July 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm - Reply

Last year in June at the Lee’s Summit airport, the high temp reached was 91, which occurred 4 times.

• Richard July 2, 2018 at 3:36 pm - Reply

The 77.8 average graphic above is for this year, right ?

• Snow Miser July 2, 2018 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Looks like it’s for June. Would appear it’s a total daily average, not an average high.

3. Richard July 2, 2018 at 3:43 pm - Reply

My mistake in thinking average temp should have been higher.
    Of course, because it includes the lows too.
    So, what was the average high for June ?

4. Anonymous July 2, 2018 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Me thinks me sees a stalker……………

5. Blue Flash July 2, 2018 at 5:02 pm - Reply

The May/June period was the second warmest ever! Just behind 1934.

• Heat Miser July 2, 2018 at 6:13 pm - Reply

so much for global warming…it was warmer in 1934

• Blue Flash July 2, 2018 at 6:24 pm - Reply

It just seemed warmer then because there was no air conditioning…

• Bluetooth July 2, 2018 at 9:17 pm - Reply

It definitely was warmer in 1934….with or without air conditioning…

6. Tdogg July 2, 2018 at 5:36 pm - Reply

C’mon guys it’s not dry. …we are above average the last 3 years…added up. My lawn is green for crying out loud.
    #mowermikesaysthedarndestthings

• Snow Miser July 2, 2018 at 5:42 pm - Reply

Driving around the past couple days, it’s definitely greener than a week ago.

7. NoBeachHere July 2, 2018 at 6:15 pm - Reply

Tdogg, you may actually be a smart person or you may not, idk.
    Regardless of your opinion of MowerMike, I and many others would, could and actually like if you could contribute. To be honest, I’m rather frustrated with this weather and Gary. Yep, I said it. I’m saying that because I, we, have not gotten a good explanation as to why those cold fronts are not pushing through anymore. The quasi permanent ridge, I get that and Gary did explain and I was thankful. You though, offer up some relevant info, not troll based or anti LRC or anti Gary or even trolling Mike. Jabs are fun but really, contribute, offer up something of relevance.
    Btw, where’s that supposed tropical system in the gulf?
    Or is it that small system that is currently just south of the panhandle?

• NoBeachHere July 2, 2018 at 6:18 pm - Reply

Correction, you can be anti LRC if you want, you have that right but provide substance info as to why, not #wetdrought, that kind of shows your depth of knowledge and actual engagement in discussion.

8. Heat Miser July 2, 2018 at 6:16 pm - Reply

Don’t care about the KCI temperature Gary. If he hit’s 100 at your location, then the streak up north at an airport isn’t relevant anybody who doesn’t live by the airport…which is almost everyone. It’s hit 100 a number of times in Lawrence for instance.

• NoBeachHere July 2, 2018 at 6:21 pm - Reply

I honestly could care less about the “ the consecutive days without hitting 100”, woop woop. Oh, I’m the same about the 3” streak too. But you say it enough then climate change must be true, duh, it changes every year according to the LRC. But see, that is just the weather pattern, that’s different from climate change. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Gary July 2, 2018 at 8:49 pm - Reply

It is still a streak that is a fact. It has not hit 100 degrees at that location in almost five years. It is a pretty impressive streak. Now, how long has it been since it was 110 degrees at KCI?

• Richard July 2, 2018 at 9:02 pm - Reply

Wth kind of response is that to an honest question…
        I thought vacations were supposed to be good for the soul.

• Blue Flash July 2, 2018 at 9:30 pm - Reply

The only day I can find where it hit 110 at KCI was August 29, 1984. But I’m looking at record highs so its possible there was another 110 that didn’t break an old record high and therefore isn’t listed.

• Richard July 2, 2018 at 9:35 pm - Reply

What is a link where we can see temps for any given day in KC.
          If we enter the date

• Blue Flash July 2, 2018 at 9:46 pm - Reply

I’ve never been able to find one

• Blue Flash July 2, 2018 at 9:51 pm - Reply

Well my almanac has 110 but on the climate data is has 109 for that date. Maybe it has never hit 110 at KCI….. 16,700 day streak?

• Richard July 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Lol ! Oh god, we can do without that countdown.
            Its bad enough counting days since 100 and 3 inches of snow in one event at kci, which should not even be the official site.

• KS Jones July 2, 2018 at 8:57 pm - Reply

If WeatherUnderground’s 10-day forecast is accurate, Lawrence will have an average high temperature of 94.8° in the next nine days, and the only rain in that forecast is 0.05″ on Thursday. The highs are forecast to be hotter here out west, but that forecast shows we could get 0.4″ on Wednesday through Thursday.
      High humidity helps crops and vegetation survive hot spells.

9. Robin Hood July 2, 2018 at 6:29 pm - Reply

NCAR always has very interesting information in understanding present weather events..

10. Richard July 2, 2018 at 8:59 pm - Reply

I don’t care about streaks either ! We hear/see it ad nauseum on air and here.
    Then when the streak is over what will the blog writeup be about ?
    I would like an explanation too, about what abruptly stopped the fronts from reaching us.
    The fronts that were so strong and prevalent all winter, why May turned into a furnace, etc.
    We still have not had a summer forecast. I keep asking because I DO believe in the LRC

GARY
    By the way, this comment box is back down to a minuscule font !
    Why can’t this wbsite format be consistant like the kshb blog ??