A Second Icing Event Of The Week

/A Second Icing Event Of The Week

A Second Icing Event Of The Week

We are having our second icing event of the week at just after midnight.  Take a look at the radar at 12:25 AM:

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 12.22.37 AM

The most significant precipitation has been targeting areas north of I-70, but the echoes were increasing as I was writing up this blog entry.   The evidence was pretty strong earlier this evening that this was going to be a bit farther north and west, but there is still some wide spread glazing and a small icing event in progress. Let’s see how this develops in the next few hours.

Have  a great night. I will start another blog by 8 or 9 AM.

2018-02-22T08:49:48+00:00February 22nd, 2018|General|16 Comments

1. MattinLeavenworth February 22, 2018 at 12:42 am - Reply

Change of events. I’m itside on Leavenorth and sleet is coming down hard p

2. TDogg February 22, 2018 at 12:45 am - Reply

Nothing to see here. Move on. Next system please.

3. Freezemiser February 22, 2018 at 4:16 am - Reply

I checked outside (east Independence) at about 2:00 AM and there was freezing rain but it wasn’t coming down hard.

4. Heat MIser February 22, 2018 at 5:47 am - Reply

lol…nice try Gary…but this one was a FAIL.

5. Terry February 22, 2018 at 5:52 am - Reply

No work for me today. Because I work for the school district

6. LYITC41 February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am - Reply

-FZDZ all night but they’ve done a pretty good job w the roads, greasy in spots but overall not too bad. We seem to have been spared the worst of it. Stay safe!

7. Jason February 22, 2018 at 7:24 am - Reply

Parking lots and such solid ice in Lawrence. Main roads aren’t bad. I would imagine some side streets are pretty slick. My back patio was solid ice this morning with some freezing drizzle still falling. Not a ton of ice, but enough to make things slippery.

• Heat Miser February 22, 2018 at 8:16 am - Reply

Yes…agree about the parking lots…but then again…they were really bad yesterday too. The roads were fine.

8. Stl78 February 22, 2018 at 7:41 am - Reply

Im ready for spring. Of course they r callin for snow today, sat, and tue up here….sigh. i know some of u want this and i get it, i enjoy the snow as well but im ready for some warmth. Looks like u guys will receive some decent moisture sat! Have a nice day everyone!

9. Snow Miser February 22, 2018 at 8:00 am - Reply

There’s light snow coming down in downtown KC that’s not showing up on the radar.

10. Rodney Sherman February 22, 2018 at 8:07 am - Reply

Eudora is all iced up!!! About a tenth of an inch here. Ice is so thick in my yard that I can slide on it.

11. Heat Miser February 22, 2018 at 8:16 am - Reply

ROFL…KU IS CLOSED!!! But why? They rarely close for weather. They announced at 6:30 this morning when it became clear most of the ice missed us. I just drove around Lawrence, the roads are fine. Am I missing something?

12. Mr. Pete February 22, 2018 at 8:17 am - Reply

Roads are fine in KC.

• Terry February 22, 2018 at 8:38 am - Reply

not all roads are fine and are slick to

13. Georgie February 22, 2018 at 8:36 am - Reply

Anybody have any input on the rain later today? Are we going to get above freezing in the Leavenworth area?

14. LYITC41 February 22, 2018 at 8:47 am - Reply

Hey JoeK,
    Read your posts from yesterday and no I didn’t think they were made in an attacking tone. You made some good points and maybe I should have been saying “this is what I think” as opposed to “it’s definitely going to do this or not do that”. You’re right when you say folks come here for solid factual wx info. So it drives me crazy when people come on here throwing around these huge amts. of ice (and snow) and other info that is taken from models that are more often wrong than right. One blogger posted a .83 ice total for Ottawa KS. So what if you live there and see that here, you’re going to freak out. I just hate to see false info being disseminated here or anywhere for that matter. And to an extent I was part of that problem the other night. But that, I guess, was why I posted what I did the other evening, people seem to go into hysterics when the weather threatens and just like that here’s this model on here (wrong) and that model (wrong again) and some people take it as gospel that this or that is going to happen because some model (or blogger) said so. Have a good one.