Afternoon T-Storms, Hurricane Hector, & The Mahomes Era Begins

/Afternoon T-Storms, Hurricane Hector, & The Mahomes Era Begins

Afternoon T-Storms, Hurricane Hector, & The Mahomes Era Begins

Good afternoon bloggers,

First of all I am still in Hawaii. This was my first two week vacation in 33 years; in other words, the first two week vacation since I started my career. Yes, I am relaxed, and ready to come back to KC tomorrow. But, first Hurricane Hector is almost due south of me, take a look:

Hector iis influencing Hawaii with high surf, as I am watching surfers deal with 10 to 12 foot waves.  And, we are now in the circulation of the storm and there has been an influence that I notice strongly, but I am not sure if anyone else around me is noticing. The clouds are so different today, with some interesting showers forming.  I am loving it.

Okay, let’s look at early next week before I get to today.  Look at the European Model solution for late Tuesday:

The white areas next to the red show 1 to 2 inches of rain from a slow moving upper low that will spin by.  The Euro also showed NOTHING for today. Take a look at the 3:30 PM radar:

These thunderstorms were moving south, so this likely means it will be dry for tailgating, but I am not there, so I am not able to look outside, so let me know.  Rule #1 of forecasting is always look outside, because you never know.

I will be back at work Monday. There has been a lot going on and I should come back refreshed and ready to go, until my next vacation in a week……….just kidding.

Have a great evening. Let me know how Mahomes looks in this first preseason game as our new leader. Thank you for reading the Action Weather Blog featuring Weather2020 and the LRC. Go over to the Weather2020.com site to join in the conversation.

Garyy

2018-08-10T08:50:44+00:00August 9th, 2018|General|10 Comments

1. Mr. Pete August 9, 2018 at 5:25 pm - Reply

Chiefs!!!

2. Richard August 9, 2018 at 6:27 pm - Reply

Thanks for the blog Gary !
    As for your first 2 wk vaca….but, but Gary…l
    You get something like 12 weeks of vacation a year ! Just kidding.
    I bet Sunny is wondering if you are ever coming back.

We got quite a good little surprise downpour in Olathe today. Nice !

3. Kurt August 9, 2018 at 6:41 pm - Reply

Interesting that the official recording station in St. Joseph didn’t pick up any of the rain Monday night, YTD St. Joseph is officially at 11.16 which is 12.15 inches below normal of 23.31. Yikes, I would think that would be extreme drought but it may be just a very localized area. Other areas faired better around St. Joseph Monday night, but we could use another rain before Tuesday, one about ever 3 days like Mondays event is need to get us out of this drought.

4. j-ox August 9, 2018 at 7:12 pm - Reply

.75″ in NW Lawrence from tonight’s popcorn storm making for almost 1.5″ total since Monday night.

5. Hockeynut69 August 9, 2018 at 9:53 pm - Reply

Close to an inch just north of Liberty

6. f00dl3 August 10, 2018 at 7:17 am - Reply

Didn’t Gary call for a active hurricane season using the LRC w/ major landfalling hurricanes?

• CC August 10, 2018 at 8:12 am - Reply

That he did but the Saharan dust storms have kept the atmosphere dry and stable. That’s why is been a quiet year. Can’t predict that

• hoopsA1 August 10, 2018 at 8:42 am - Reply

he did but we are still weeks away from the peak of hurricane season. a lot can change from between now and a month from now

7. Three7 August 10, 2018 at 8:35 am - Reply

Last night reminded me why I don’t like preseason.

8. Dustin TheWind August 10, 2018 at 9:54 am - Reply

You’re probably one of few people whose Hawaii vacation would be ENHANCED by the presence of a hurricane. 🙂 Glad it worked out for you!