How Would You Rate Winter In KC? I rated it a FAIL!

/How Would You Rate Winter In KC? I rated it a FAIL!

How Would You Rate Winter In KC? I rated it a FAIL!

How would you grade winter? I give it a fail.  And, yesterday puts the icing on the cake.  Look at the little circle on the 500 mb chart that was the initial analysis on Sunday morning. That little circle near KC is an upper level low. You can’t make this up. A storm aloft was centered right over the northeastern part of KC and NOTHING. We didn’t even get a rain shower or a snowflake on Sunday near KC. It did snow over north central to northeastern Missouri, but in KC nothing. And, this is KC’s final exam. It gets a fail, and the winter gets a fail. We have completed our third straight winter at under 10″ of snow for the first time in recorded history, a record I am not proud of living through.

Ridiculous! Look at this again. I still can not believe it. We forecasted a storm to hit our region around March 11th-12th, and it has done it to us again. Wow! That circle is right over KC. And, nothing! St. Louis, also had under 6″ of snow as of yesterday morning, but they got into the comma head yesterday afternoon. So, St. Louis went from a D to a C or B.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 1.49.23 PM

So, how would you rate winter in Kansas City? It gets fail from me, and so will Amarillo, Dodge City, but not Los Angeles. Los Angeles had one of its driest seasons ever. It would set the record for the driest winter season ever, but this March is coming through with, perhaps, enough rain to go just over the lowest total ever recorded. So, I will give Los Angeles a D.  I will give New York City an A+ for exciting, fulfillment, and production. This weather pattern has been fascinating, and now we are moving into spring.  What does it mean for spring? More on this coming up soon. Spring begins now with a clean slate. It better not fail.

This picture was taken near the end of the KC Pet Telethon. We raised $114,000 last night, and in my 18 years at this event we have raised over $2 million for the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City. This is Sunny The Weather Dog who, along with all of her friends, helped out tremendously!

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 3.05.20 AM

Thank you for sharing in this Action Weather Blog experience featuring Weather2020 and the LRC.  Go over to Weather2020 and click on the blog over there to provide your grade and join in the conversation. I am on my way to Cancun, MX today. The Kansas City Pet Telethon went very well last night, and thank you to everyone who donated for a great cause benefitting the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City. I will check in later in the week. I need to truly get away.

2018-03-14T11:36:42+00:00March 12th, 2018|General|68 Comments

1. Kurt March 12, 2018 at 4:17 am - Reply

I would say a D-, but I nailed my prediction of 6 to 11 inches I’d snow for the region. This is just a continuation since last May of ways St Joseph MO can miss exciting weather.

Really hope this changes in spring, just have low confidence unless seasonal differences can help, this looks worse than last year at this time although it turned wet for a brief time before sting out after mid April up here

2. Kurt March 12, 2018 at 4:18 am - Reply

Drying out, not sting although it did sting with ever miss this for almost a year up here

3. f00dl3 March 12, 2018 at 6:44 am - Reply

I saw some snow flakes biking this morning. Maybe 2 dozen or so. Even a quick burst of 3 flakes in 1 minute at one point!

4. Three7s March 12, 2018 at 7:48 am - Reply

I predicted 8.5 inches….undershot it by quite a bit myself.

5. Mike Holm March 12, 2018 at 7:54 am - Reply

It was a good winter for me. I’d like more snow here but loved how it was a long COLD winter. I get my fill of snow on ski trips. Snowed 18 inches at Crystal Washington, 14” in Jackson Hole, and Beaver Creek next week—you know it’ll snow, thanks CPH!
    OK Gary it’s time to get with the times. We need a platform where you can post pictures like comments etc. The open snow weather blog uses Disqus. It’s great, you can post videos, pictures, links. You can edit, so if you misspell something on a post you can go back and change it. It notifies you if someone comments on your thread etc.
    Whether it’s Disqus or something else, it’s time for an upgrade.

• Richard March 12, 2018 at 9:18 am - Reply

Agree on an upgrade. But Gary probably won’t see your suggestion.
      Make it again when he gets back next week.

• Bob Lyons March 12, 2018 at 9:58 am - Reply

Hey Mike. Gary and I have discussed converting the site over to using Disqus for the reasons you mentioned plus plenty of other solid advantages. We opted to wait until after the winter season so we didn’t potentially interfere with the usual spike in comment traffic. But I’m sure we’ll be revisiting the idea soon. Appreciate the recommendation!

• Richard March 12, 2018 at 11:07 am - Reply

Bob
        Thanks for responding to Mike. That would be great.
        Also, the option to edit, or even delete our own comments would be nice.

• Mike Holm March 12, 2018 at 4:27 pm - Reply

I meant to do it to him a couple months ago on the blog. Glad to hear you guys are working on it.

• Mike Holm March 12, 2018 at 4:28 pm - Reply

See there it is again, could’ve used An edit there. I mentioned it to him…..

6. Snow Miser March 12, 2018 at 7:58 am - Reply

I liked the cold temps we got this winter, even if there was a lack of decent snow it still made it feel “winter-y.” Even the 9 or so snow “events” we got were OK, it’s just too bad they were all small events. I’ll give this winter a C.

7. Three7s March 12, 2018 at 8:06 am - Reply

Oh yeah, as far as a grade, nothing other than F makes any sense. Sure, it was cold, and we had some snow and some ice, but going solely based on precip and snow, it has to be an F.

8. Heat Miser March 12, 2018 at 8:25 am - Reply

In Lawrence, I give it a C. We had several snow events…one at 3 inches, and a couple of icing events.

9. Jayhawkfinalfour March 12, 2018 at 8:31 am - Reply

Anybody have and detailsnor thoughts about how the weather will be this weekend for southern Missouri/Branson area?

• JoeK March 12, 2018 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Jayhawk,

Looks to be warmer temps and some spotty showers possible . Saturday looks good, maybe some showers Sunday. I don’ think it will be a washout. Have a good time

10. Scott March 12, 2018 at 8:45 am - Reply

I am probably the only one with this opinion, but I give winter an A. The reason is simple, I dis-like snow. I grew up in north east Nebraska about twenty miles from the South Dakota border. I have seen enough snow in my life.

• LYITC41 March 12, 2018 at 10:00 am - Reply

A+ winter for me as well. Screw the snow and ice. I just would like for it to rain, nice soaking rains which I hope and think we’ll get when the wx starts really warming up.

11. Mike March 12, 2018 at 8:48 am - Reply

This winter is a complete bust. F!!! No doubt about it. If it is going to be cold then it needs to snow. We have had a bunch of nuisance events in which so many schools closed for. Bring on Spring and some moisture.

12. Lary Gezak March 12, 2018 at 8:50 am - Reply

Never seen so many nuisance, half inch snows in one winter. It was such a joke. We’re talking about a 3″ snowstorm record? Let’s try and get an inch first. Horrible winter in terms of any excitement.

13. MMike March 12, 2018 at 9:05 am - Reply

I rate the winter an A+++++

We had our second biggest snow/ice sales in my company’s recorded history. (I’ve been in business since the age of 17, I’m 38 now) Remember all the coatings of snow, the 48 hours of icy weather the last week of Feb., flash freezes…sleet accumus.. etc. BOOM!!

We worked 10 events with most of them being treatment events. We had plenty of action this winter,(wouldn’t know that by reading this blog and the comments…NEGATIVE!!!)we just didn’t get the meat of each storm. I’ll take a winter like this every year. Perfectly timed events that forced us to treat. We actually had close to 7.5 inches in some locales of the city if you count every little coating.(our storm logs show)

Just to measure how good this winter was…we worked 2 events last winter and 3 events the winter before for a total of 5 events those 2 years. 10 THIS WINTER!!!! It’s pure gravy money, we don’t depend on it to pay the bills. A LOT OF GRAVY MONEY THIS YEAR.

See, when your positive good things happen. When you complain and bellyache all the time, nothing ever changes. Gary should consider changing the name of this blog to NEGATIVE2020 featuring the best of drama and bellyaching. We also have a feature called DROUGHT, click on that and that’s what we discuss every year on here even know we have had 6 wet droughts in a row.

• Three7s March 12, 2018 at 11:44 am - Reply

Sounds nice for you. No offense, but most people who love snow on this blog don’t love it for the money it brings, which is obviously all you care about. I love it because I love weather and it’s just another part of how awesome weather can be.

• MMike March 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Three7’s,

If you were in business for yourself, wouldn’t that be all that you care about?? I love the big snows too and it sucks when they miss us. This was a rather unique winter as every event for the most part fell at a perfect time. A time where business was open for our clients and a perfect time when the ground was cold. In order for us to have that many treatment events in one winter and officially only have 5.8 inches of snow you have to have perfect timing. I’ve seen just as many events in other winters but the ground was too warm and the little precip. event turned into a non treating event for us.

Urbanity,

Not so much, bigger snow seasons might sound nice but frequency is the most important part of how I have my contracts structured. So, big snow seasons, one might think there was more money involved and in some case yes, but, they take longer to service and much more staff. A treatment event takes about 30 percent of the time and half the staff.

Another reason for the 2nd highest sales winter is the fact I grow my snow fleet as I grow my landscape fleet. So, if we add a route for landscape, we equip that truck with snow equipment. So, over the years, we have gone from just 5 trucks in the field back in 2005 to 20+ trucks in the field now. Obviously, the more trucks you have the more contracts you can take on.
        If I was guaranteed 10 events each winter I would get out of the landscape field. That’s how much snow/ice removal brings.

I hope you see some moisture this spring! Looks like the GFS in the extended has several SW lows setting up, let’s see if we can get some different tracks on them. Diffidently some players out there heading into the second half of March.

• Urbanity March 12, 2018 at 12:00 pm - Reply

MMike, so the winter was better than the previous two, it’s like saying your current girlfriend is not as ugly as the last two. Surely you have had much better sales in a majority of the KC winters than this year if you have been doing this for 21 years.

• Anonymous by choice March 12, 2018 at 12:24 pm - Reply

Mower Mike doesn’t care about any on you or your thoughts. He has been tooting his own horn on here for years about his millions of dollars that he screws his customers out of and all the islands he owns and visits. Plus, the Super Bowls, World Series, etc, where he has 20 tickets to each event.

• KS Jones March 12, 2018 at 2:41 pm - Reply

MMike isn’t alone– North Korea’s Kim Jong Un says he can control the weather with his mind too.

14. Richard March 12, 2018 at 9:24 am - Reply

Fail = big fat F

But because it was the 3rd straight year under “10, it feels worse.

15. Kathy March 12, 2018 at 9:27 am - Reply

Although I also dislike snow, I would grade this winter an F as well. I did like the cold, but hate that it’s so dry, with storms missing us to the east. It seems like in the last few years, that’s the way it’s been for us. And the east isn’t just getting more rain, it’s getting blasted by these huge storms which I’m sure they are getting sick of as well. Since it’s been three years in a row, I am wondering if this is more of a permanent pattern for us. I truly hope spring brings us a little bit of excitement and that the east dries out.

16. REAL HUMEDUDE March 12, 2018 at 9:33 am - Reply

Farmers with livestock HATE cold, snowy winters. WHY? Animals die in harsh conditions, that’s why. Most City people are funny, they want to marvel at snow from the comfort of their warm cozy house and get a day off of work. Oh, tell me about how you had to shovel your driveway, I’m impressed ( sense my sarcasm? ). Some people have to get out in that weather and put themselves at risk, and all animals have to live out there in that weather as well. Sorry if it was boring for you, but my animals didn’t mind and are headed into Spring alive and well. I was just thinking how bad the people and livestock in the NE have it right now, all these huge snows are making their lives a mess. We should be so fortunate to have small snows past few years, ask people on east coast how much they love big snows. 8/10 people are miserable after getting them so often, the other 2 people are snow freaks or “just want to watch the world burn” lol. Lets count our blessings, and indeed these types of winters without extreme events are a blessing.
    Since I got caught up with moisture last month, I can easily give this winter an “A” grade. I bet a lot of farmers out west would give it good grade if they could just get caught up on moisture, just way too dry west of I-35.

• Scott March 12, 2018 at 11:57 am - Reply

Very well said.

• Urbanity March 12, 2018 at 2:08 pm - Reply

Hume, you can look at one extreme to the other, but I think a couple of good snow storms, not blizzards, but nice snow totals hurts no one including animals. To give this winter an “A” could be better phrased “I don’t like winter period”. But to get moisture in the winter usually one has to get it from melting snow. So we are coming into spring with dying crops and low ground moisture, plus we’re eating all that flying chemical laden dust and bronchitis inducing pollen. As Brown Sugar quoted, “Ain’t nobody got time for no bronchitis, nobody got time for that!”. Snows are good, c’mon man.

• REAL HUMEDUDE March 12, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Some snow isn’t hurting anybody, but repetitive 1′ snows will. Western into Central KS likely relies heavily on snow for wheat, we don’t get much snow down here to begin with so we tend to believe we can do without it. Id surely rather have to little snow than too much of it. For instance we haven’t had more than 6-7″ of snow in past 3 or 4 winters and had great growing seasons. We don’t need any down here, but I get it that other AG communities do need snow and lots of it

• Richard March 12, 2018 at 6:34 pm - Reply

I’m not a farmer, or a rancher, but does dying crops mean dying hay ? So hay needs to be hauled in for livestock.
        Expensive

17. Bill in Lawrence March 12, 2018 at 9:34 am - Reply

Gary:

Happy chilly Monday morning to you sir. First and foremost….have a great trip to Cancun…enjoy every moment!!!!

I am going to respectfully go against the grain a little bit and say to me this winter has not been all that bad. Would I have liked more snow…of course but I had pretty low expectations going in and in many ways those expectations were met by this winter. To me, it was sure better than the past 2.

Here are a few of my reasons…..3 snow days (most schools had 4-5)….thunder sleet….one 3 inch snow where it snowed harder than I have seen since February 2014…..several nights below 0 for lows….ice skating and ice fishing not only on the smaller lakes but also on Clinton….creeks iced up from mid-December through the last week of February….close to 1.75 of qpf…(creeks are all still running here) all those things to me make this an okay winter. Finally, in my humble opinion, year was nothing like last year…no only in temps…but also in the amount of energy that came across the plains…last year we would go 10 days without a wave of energy…this year there were times where there would be 2-3 in a week….totally different pattern even if the snow totals are similar….to me snow is not the only metric to determine if a pattern in winter is similar to others.

That said, it has been the most frustrating winter of the past 4….we left a lot of chances/points on the field….if only 2 could have just been slightly different….we were close. Oh Well…it is what it is. I was off by about 4 inches on my frozen precip thoghts…I went for 13-15 and wound up with around 9 when all said and done. I thought we would have at least 3 times with temps at 0 or below and I was bit light on that call as it was for sure an overall cold winter. So in the end I give the winter a C+ but my thoughts on the winter a C. For me the cold with the ability to ice fish and skate on the main body of Clinton Lake is enough to counter somewhat the lack of snow.

The big question now is what will the spring and summer cycles be like? I think for my little neck of the woods, it will be drier than last year overall (KC will have more than Lawrence I would argue) but nothing like 2012. I would say there is less than a 15% chance of having a summer like 2012 but on the flip side a 30% or less chance of having the pond filling rains I had last year. I will have enough rain to keep everything in okay shape but I highly doubt I will see the pond or lake running out of the spillway….the overflow pipe maybe but not the spill way.

Have a great Monday everyone. Speaking of the pond…I finally have time to begin to clean it up from the flood we had in August….that rain trashed it pretty good and not only destroyed the dock but also all of the fish habitat I built (then beavers moved in for a spell so..yea…it is in pretty bad shape!!)

Bill in Washington Creek Valley in Lawrence

• Bill in Lawrence March 12, 2018 at 9:42 am - Reply

Addendum:

After reading Hume’s post I would like to add that I have the luxury of wanting more snow. While I live outside of town and have been snowed in here for 3-4 days without power, I do not have life stock and a winter storm is honestly just a nuisance not a life type situation. Also besides clearing the road etc.and cleaning up trees or whatever, i do not have to work outside in severe conditions.

So, I say I would have liked more snow with the caveat that I have that luxury….many do not.

Bill in Washington Creek Valley in Lawrence

• REAL HUMEDUDE March 12, 2018 at 9:50 am - Reply

Bill….i had beavers for along time. They killed most of nice oak trees, be sure to wrap the bases with wire or they will get ringed in no time. They are troublesome and hard to get rid of, but some people enjoy them I suppose

18. Michael Casteel March 12, 2018 at 9:41 am - Reply

D+ at best,

19. MMike March 12, 2018 at 9:41 am - Reply

Bill,

Fantastic. looking at the positives. Yes, we had thunder sleet, I forgot to add that too my list. Frozen ponds/lakes many days this winter. We had plenty of action, just not the big part of each storm. It was far from boring, last 2 winters were the full definition of boring.

GO JAYHAWKS!

20. Craig March 12, 2018 at 10:09 am - Reply

This winter sucked.
    It was long, cold and boring. And now it continues with the 40-degree, cloudy days!
    Bring on spring and summer.

21. Farmgirl March 12, 2018 at 10:10 am - Reply

B+. Who says you have to have snow to have a winter? It was plenty cold and I did lose some old livestock to bitter temps in early January. Most of the sheep look pretty good. Now if Texas and Oklahoma doesn’t get some moisture soon, hay prices are going to increase to provide forage for those locations and maybe us too if we don’t start getting some rain to start the growing season.

22. Val March 12, 2018 at 10:43 am - Reply

I would have liked more snow, although I do feel for the livestock and am glad they are going to make it to Spring okay! Has anyone heard how the weekend of March 23rd-25th is going to look? My husband and I are planning a little weekend trip to Chicago to visit my brother and his family, but want to make sure we won’t get stuck there! I am not worried about here (if anything we would get rain I am sure) but know Chicago has had their fair share of snowfall accumulation this year. If anyone has any insight on what that weekend looks like, I would appreciate any knowledge!

23. Rod March 12, 2018 at 11:59 am - Reply

I would give this one a D- for Columbia/Ashland areas. Was upgraded from an F due to the heavy wet snow yesterday& picking up around 2” at my location in Ashland. Still came in at under 5” for the entire winter do that was a big disappointment but my kids got to go outside yesterday and build a snowman and have a snowball fight while I got to enjoy my hot tub & some cold beer during moderate to heavy snow with giant flakes falling.

Rod, Ashland, MO

24. Rod March 12, 2018 at 12:03 pm - Reply

Gary, any slim chance at a surprise twist before the end of March with any snow or are you saying it’s done?

25. Urbanity March 12, 2018 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Grade F. Although these winters seem to be more common than not, this past year out here in central Kansas we did not see any snow, any sleet, any ice, no nothing nada. Dust, sand and ash drifts are more common. There wasn’t even a forecast for snow, not even a missed storm, no hope what-so-ever. Definitely an F.

26. Tdogg March 12, 2018 at 12:12 pm - Reply

Winter isn’t over yet guys! We can still miss another snow or two lol!!

27. Troy Newman March 12, 2018 at 12:42 pm - Reply

For me it was a B. You can tell the people with livestock on here have a very different opinion of harsh winters. I don’t get too worked up either way. If I have to be out working in it I have a lot warmer clothes than my grandpa had and if its nice I can enjoy that too. We had a white Christmas with a 3″ snow which I always enjoy. By the end of Feb I am tired of snow and ours melted then so I consider that a plus. I also enjoy ice fishing and we had a good run of that too. The only real disappointment was is how dry its been. We had over a foot of snow up here in about half a dozen small events but very little moisture in it. I can’t remember the last time we had rain. We don’t have any wheat anymore but I know a lot of places further South and West do and it will be in trouble if this persists much longer. We had very good crops last year but our dry end to summer caused the corn and beans to really use up the available soil moisture so our profile is depleted and need some recharge. We could also use some runoff to fill the ponds up again as they really dropped last fall with the dry, warm and windy weather.

28. Nick March 12, 2018 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I will give the winter a C ( 75 percent) it was another VLS winter( very low snow) which hurt, but we did have plenty of cold blasts, and most of the snows that did fall were maximized in that they were on the ground for a long time relative to how small the event was because of the cold. and then the had the icy week, with thundersleet, and three freezing rain/sleet events in one week, ( yes ice is nasty but for a weather nut like me it was an interesting week). Also I want to make one point, this is a WEATHER blog, it is a place for people whom have an interest in weather from the casual, to the fanatic to come and express thier weather experience, once again I see people getting upset because people want to have things like snow ect. Well, this is the place for people whom enjoy all kinds of weather to come so there are going to be people like me who like snow and will continue to, this is not specifically a farm blog ect. That being said i understand that farming is hard work, and they have every right not to want snow if they wish, but to be upset that there are people rooting for snow on a weather blog seems a bit pointless to me. personally I like having a winter, I like having a few months not to have to worry about mowing the lawn, dealing with wasps/hornets, and not having to worry about warm climate pests like scorpions, or year round mosquitoes, I’ll pass on that 😛

29. Roger March 12, 2018 at 1:08 pm - Reply

I rate this winter in terms of cold at a B-. I wore my winter coat more times than the past 4 winters combined! Of course my take on excitement and precipitation is rated an F. Can’t go much lower than this season.

30. Stl78(winon,mn) March 12, 2018 at 1:27 pm - Reply

Im excited about the possible upgrade! Posting pics would put this blog over the top imo. A beautiful sunny 29° up here. We are currently about 10 in below avg(about 43 in)for snowfall and im more than ok with that at this point. Im ready to put some plants in the ground. It will b awhile b4 ground thaws enough to do that but we started them inside so hoping for a above avg may temp.

• RickMcKC March 12, 2018 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Agreed on the blog upgrade! Bring it on!

31. f00dl3 March 12, 2018 at 4:55 pm - Reply

I think it’s just weird how every time this winter our AO has dipped negative we have seen a huge warmup. I mean yeah the first few times it’s because we were undercutting the ridge and that made sense but last week we didn’t have that ridge and we still saw the undercutting.

32. rred95 March 12, 2018 at 5:03 pm - Reply

no debate F-

33. Elaine Watson March 12, 2018 at 6:03 pm - Reply

I give it a D, like many mentioned, it was a bit better than last winter however, three duds in a row is so disheartening.

34. Richard March 12, 2018 at 6:35 pm - Reply

Bob
    Why is the screen jumping up and down ? Started doing this yesterday.
    Very annoying

35. Emaw March 12, 2018 at 7:19 pm - Reply

A+ because it’s over!

36. Lary Gezak March 12, 2018 at 7:20 pm - Reply

Let’s not get too excited but the GFS is really starting to paint a wetter pattern here the 2nd half of March. Severe weather season underway?

37. Joe March 13, 2018 at 8:46 am - Reply

F… Does Gary do a spring forecast??

38. RickMcKC (I-29 & 64th) March 13, 2018 at 9:51 am - Reply

It feels like an “F” because of model performance, i.e. the continuous advance overhyping (even of rain events like last Saturday) followed by “poof.”

But in terms of actual weather, I’d give it a “C+” because of the extremes we experienced that were missing in previous years (multiple instances of below-zero temps, thunder sleet, etc). Plus we had a few events that actually over-performed.

Our school district has to go five days longer this year because of those extremes and events, so that’s gotta count for something.

39. RickMcKC March 13, 2018 at 9:52 am - Reply

• Three7s March 13, 2018 at 10:12 am - Reply

As far as icing goes, yeah, we were above average there. It’s almost enough for me to raise winter to a D+, though I’m not sure many here like ice. I know I don’t, despite the uniqueness of the event. I guess it depends on which side of the glass you’re looking through.

40. VERNON T. TAGGERT March 13, 2018 at 10:11 am - Reply

I give the winters an A, forecasting and F-

41. Richard March 13, 2018 at 10:21 am - Reply

A couple of weeks ago Gary said we would hit 80 in March.
    According to the 12 week, looks like that won’t happen. Not even close.

So, we were not even close to the 21 inches of snow.
    The drought that he was concerned about might not happen either.

42. Mr. Pete March 13, 2018 at 11:47 am - Reply

I give this winter a A. The magical white Christmas was awesome.

43. Stl78(winon,mn) March 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Large solar storm to affect earth Tom.

• Richard March 13, 2018 at 1:31 pm - Reply

Well that doesn’t sound good.
      But dailymail ? Is that a trusted source ?

• Richard March 13, 2018 at 1:32 pm - Reply

Well that doesn’t sound good.
      But dailymail ? Is that a trusted source ?

44. Troy Newman March 13, 2018 at 1:15 pm - Reply

Quite a few models starting to forecast wet conditions coming up. The Euro overnight and midday Canadian have a good swath of rain across Northern KS into MO. GFS isn’t quite as heavy but some of the ensemble members have a lot of rain as well.

45. Richard March 13, 2018 at 1:33 pm - Reply