July Ends Cool

/July Ends Cool

July Ends Cool

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 7.47.18 AM

Tropical Storm Emily has formed just off the west coast of Florida.  This system will not have the conditions or the time to strengthen as she moves over the Florida Peninsula and out into the Atlantic. Here is the forecast from the National Hurricane Center:

Emily, quite obviously, will be a low impact tropical system. Weather2020 has forecasted the second half of August to have the potential for a much stronger and impacting system to form and threaten the United States around the week of the eclipse.  Tropical Storm Cindy tracked inland and over the Tennessee Valley 58 to 59 days before the eclipse. We will be monitoring this potential part of the cycling pattern closely.

The pattern over the United States is quite calm on this last day of July. We will look ahead in tomorrows blog to the entire month of August. We will do this on the air tonight on 41 Action News and KSHB.com.  Here is a picture from last n nights sunset with Sunny The Weather Dog. Have a great day and thank you for sharing in this weather experience.

FullSizeRender

2017-08-01T07:05:07+00:00 July 31st, 2017|General|21 Comments

1. terry July 31, 2017 at 10:05 am - Reply

Is there a chance of sprinkles or rain today cuz it’s actually sprinkling at my house in Wyandotte County

• Gary July 31, 2017 at 10:10 am - Reply

Terry,

Well, since it is sprinkling at your house, then you did rule #1 of forecasting. You know already that there is a chance of sprinkles today. But, that is about all out of this disturbance that is moving by right now.

• Anonymous July 31, 2017 at 11:26 am - Reply

ROFL Gary!

2. Urbanity July 31, 2017 at 11:43 am - Reply

Gary, your comments yesterday about survival of a dangerous cancer was important to me, my wife was just diagnosed last Thursday of a rare aggressive cancer, IBC, it’s at least stage III(x) – IV (not sure yet), we have young kids and the past few days we have been lost, crying, sick. I just read your blog a few minutes ago and read what you went thru, read about your disease on line, and realized the possibility of hope. Like your disease there is not a lot of research because of it’s rarity…even today…so in your case you truly are a miracle. Thank you for sharing and God Bless.

• Snow Miser July 31, 2017 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Prayers for your wife!

If you already haven’t, you might want to Google “cancer and carbs” and start reading. The link below is a good start:

• Rockdoc July 31, 2017 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Urbanity. Don’t know if you’ve checked out the Anderson Cancer Clinic in Texas. They are one of the premier IBC centers in the US. Here’s the link

Worth checking it out as well as KU Hospital here in Kansas City! Sometimes other hospitals/clinics will work with local hospitals after diagnosis who can administer chemo so you don’t have to travel for each session.

Best of Luck!!!

• REAL HUMEDUDE July 31, 2017 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Damn Keith, terrible news.
      Don’t let her give up no matter what they tell you, they are on the brink of several mahler breakthroughs right now. Some using viruses to attack cancer cells with amazing results. Keep fighting no matter the prognosis, you could get a miracle at any time. Best wishes for your family

• MMike July 31, 2017 at 3:08 pm - Reply

Urbanity,

I’m sorry to hear that about your wife. What terrible news to get. Best of luck to her and you and the kids.

• Richard July 31, 2017 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Prayers for your wife, you and your family Urbanity.
      Cancer sucks !

• Urbanity July 31, 2017 at 4:05 pm - Reply

Thank you all for the well wishes and advice. We are getting set up with MD Anderson. All I can tell you is be prepared, my wife was very healthy in every way, she felt she was to healthy for cancer, so she never really did screening because she had little to no cancer in her family history. Literally in overnight her condition appeared and a week later we find out the worst news a family can hear. Have your life insurance, disability insurance, savings, etc in order before these things occur, your life can change overnight.

• Gary July 31, 2017 at 8:05 pm - Reply

I am hopeful that my story will help inspire a positive atmosphere around your family in what seems like a very negative time. Yes, I had a very aggressive cancer, one that could have killed me in less than a year. It is important to stay positive, and get a support group around you from your family and friends to help. Some of my best friends would cry so hard when I told them, but I told them to not worry and we can get through this. Good luck to you and we will be thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way.

3. f00dl3 July 31, 2017 at 1:47 pm - Reply

So what’s people’s thoughts of the latest GFS? Shows 6-10″ of rain just southwest of the KC area. My gut would tell me with this LRC that that widespread rain may end up being closer to I-70 southwestward shifted about 100 miles northeast form where the GFS shows. Anyone else agree with that hunch?

• Kurt July 31, 2017 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Except that the lighter green would be over Northwest Missouri into NE Kansas where the rain has missed most of the summer.

4. Rockdoc July 31, 2017 at 2:35 pm - Reply

Regarding the safety glasses for the Eclipse that I mentioned yesterday, you can find them on Amazon or order from the companies. Here’s the NASA link again that lists the companies.

• Richard July 31, 2017 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Rockdoc
      I saw on facebook people said that Lowe’s and Walmart carry them. The NASA approved ones. NASA also says be careful about ordering from Amazon.

Well that was a surprise. Got out to my fishing spot at 1 pm and within 30 min it started sprinklng, then actual rain ! I got semi-wet, but stuck it out and caught 3 channels one right after the other ! Ha ! It was fun

• REAL HUMEDUDE July 31, 2017 at 3:50 pm - Reply

Fishing in light rain is the best!! I was looking out wimdow all day wishing I was on water……

5. Weatherby Tom July 31, 2017 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Nice little rain at my house right now, not much, but better than the predicted amount of zero

6. Kurt July 31, 2017 at 4:28 pm - Reply

only nice little rain up here is from everyone’s sprinklers. Missouri American shouldn’t need a rate increase with the amount of water we are consuming to keep things alive up here in our very dry pattern

7. RobertCali July 31, 2017 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Even though 0.05″ or whatever fell in most spots today won’t really enrich soil moisture, the bigger impact is that it was another cloudy day in the 70s…one less day of sunny wind-blown 90s to scorch the soil.

August is shaping up to be a refreshingly-cool month.

I’ll take it.

8. Brian July 31, 2017 at 9:20 pm - Reply

Urbanity, I never comment but wanted to share something worth looking into. A friend of mine was diagnosed with stage lV lung cancer a year and a half ago and given a 2% chance of survival by KU Med. They were recommending to do the typical chemo and radiation treatment but he continued to do his own research and found a place in Arizona called Euromed who are at the cuttin edge of cancer treatment. They starve your body of sugar and then inject a 10% concoction of chemo drugs and insulin/sugar. The low dose of chemo does not destroy your body the way the typical treatments do and the cancer goes after the sugar after being starved of it. Due to the low chemo your bodies immune system is stronger to help fight as the cancer cells are killed off. He met more people than he could count who were coming back for yearly follow up treatments after being given weeks or months to live. He is now cancer free as well. Definitely be your own advocates and check around. He would probably not be here if he had done the typical treatment recommendations. He said he actually felt like he was on vacation while going through the treatment process since it didn’t make him sick like the typical treatments do.

• Richard August 1, 2017 at 8:36 am - Reply

Brian
      I would repost that on today’s blog in case Urbanity does not see it here.
      Might be good for everyone else to see it too.